Peaceful spirit yoga offers gentle hatha yoga classes for every body, with classes designed to fit the students’ needs, taught in an invitational style and delivered with an element of fun and joy.
- Classical asana taught with modifications/ variations to ensure safe participation and enjoyment.
- Students invited to work at their level on any given day, practice mindfully and to find steadiness and ease in the practices.
- Postures taught dynamically (moving into and out of the pose) before holding. Mindful movement with the breath is central.
- Transitions are smooth and gentle and some gentle vinyasa (flowing sequence) included.
- Strength, balance and flexibility of mind and body (vital elements in maintaining mobility, independence and wellbeing as we age)fostered.
- Self-compassion and learning to befriend your body encouraged.
- Class structure enables students to move into stillness and learn to soothe and settle the nervous system, reducing negative impacts of stress on the mind/body and aiding equanimity, mood and sleep.
All classes are pain friendly (contact me to learn more) and I offer pain specific groups/ private sessions for people living with chronic pain.
Classes are suitable for beginning and mature yogis and those looking to deepen their practice.